I promise you’ll be shocked at how quickly you can have a glass of homemade Irish Cream on your coffee table. This creamy, vanilla treat with just enough of a whiskey bite is perfect over a few ice cubes or splashed into coffee. St. Patrick’s Day being right around the corner, you can mix up a batch of this and clink glasses with all your Irish friends (hint: Me! Me! Even if making homemade Irish Cream is the closest thing to Irish I’ll ever be…).
Since I first realized I could make Irish Cream at home, I’ve bottled some for the boys in my life to accompany Christmas gifts, I’ve made a batch for a ski weekend with friends (where it was likened to sipping an adult vanilla milkshake), and I’ve had some leftover each time to keep in the refrigerator for a cold winter’s night (liquid dessert!).
Once you get the ingredients, sipping on a glass of homemade Bailey’s is just five minutes and a blender away. How fun is that?
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 ¾ cups Irish Whiskey (such as Jameson’s)
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or instant espresso
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Feel free to taste and adjust flavor to your liking.
- Transfer to tightly sealed containers and refrigerate. Shake well before enjoying! (Will keep for up to 2 months – I am basing mine off of the heavy cream expiration)